Online marketing strategies constantly change with changing technology. What steps do you take to ensure that you stay on top of those changes?
Do you have a preferred tool that you use for tracking your statistics online to keep up with your target audience?
I use a few tools to monitor brand, reach and target audience.
1. Google Analytics is one of the big ones; we use this to check our blog visits, referrals, audience, etc.
2. Hootsuite analytics has good overviews of how our social media profiles are doing each month. Their reports are a bit pricey, though.
3. Facebook insights is good for checking out what type of content your audience/followers enjoy and engage with the most.
4. Twitter analytics gives a good overview of what people think of your brand and your demographic.
5. I use WordPress statistics for my personal site. I don't monitor it as closely, so just seeing which blogs, dates and categories are the most popular is enough for me.